Penguin produces eBooks in the .ePub format which can be viewed using Adobe's Digital Editions software. You can download this here.
Penguin's eBooks are protected by Digital Rights Management software. You will need to register your copy of Adobe Digital Editions in order to view these protected files by following the links within Adobe Digital Editions - for more information on activating visit Adobe Digital Editions.
- Penguin's eBooks are usable on the Sony PRS-505. Once you have activated your Sony Reader (with the same identity as your copy of Adobe Digital Editions) you can move titles from your computer to the reader using Adobe Digital Editions. Please note that while you can read Penguin eBooks on Apple computers, the Sony Reader is not currently supported on Macs. Read more on the Adobe Forums.
- Penguin does not have an eBook catalogue. Search for the title you are looking for and you will be shown a list of formats available. We hope to have several thousand eBooks available by early 2009 including most newly published titles. Once you have chosen the eBook you would like to buy, simply add it to your shopping basket and then follow the simple shopping instructions.
- Once your payment has been accepted (usually in a matter of seconds), you will be taken to a confirmation of order page. This is the receipt of your order; please print this page for your records. At the bottom of the receipt page there will be a 'download now' link, which will take you to the Penguin eBook download page to download your eBooks.
- The eBooks download page contains a link for each of the eBooks that you have purchased. When you click on one of the links you will be taken to the Penguin download page. You will see two pages: 'We are preparing to download your eBook' and 'We are downloading your eBook'. The whole process will take between two seconds to two minutes (depending on the speed of your connection). Downloading an .ePub eBook should automatically launch Adobe Digital Editions and the title should appear in your library.
- Once you have finished downloading an eBook: If you have more eBooks to download click the 'continue' button to be directed back to the Penguin eBooks download page. Otherwise the 'continue' button will take you back to the Penguin homepage.
- Please note. If you try and download an eBook before you have installed the free eBook reader software you will be directed to a reader software download page. You will be prompted to download the appropriate reader software. Once you have downloaded and registered the reader software you will be redirected to the Penguin eBooks download page to download your eBook.
- As well as seeing the confirmation of order page you will also receive a confirmation of order email from Penguin, which will detail your order. Your email will contain a link to the Penguin eBook download page where you will be able to download your eBooks if you have not already done so.
- You can also access the Penguin eBooks download page by selecting the 'Your Account' button in the top right hand corner of the Penguin website. After signing-in using your email and password, click on the 'Purchase History' button on your Details page. This button is in the bottom left hand corner. You are now in your Purchase History page. Select 'download eBook' and you will be taken to the Penguin eBooks download page.
Should you have any problems ordering your eBooks please contact eBooks@penguin.co.uk.
If your problem concerns downloading or opening your reader software please contact Adobe at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.
If you have an issue with the Sony Reader please contact esupport.sony.com.
If your problem concerns downloading your eBook, please visit the help section at www.helpeBook.com.