1. No purchase necessary to enter the Promoter's Twitter promotions.
2. Unless specified otherwise, the Promoter's Twitter promotions are open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 14 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. The closing date for each promotion is set out in the relevant promotion Twitter message (or "Tweet").
3. To enter one of the Promoter's Twitter promotions, you must, by the relevant Closing Date, take the actions specified in the relevant promotional Tweet, which will be one of the following: (i) send a Twitter direct message ("DM") to the Promoter's Twitter account (see clause 14 below); (ii) send an "@Reply" message to the Promoter's Twitter account or; (iii) "retweet" the Promoter's promotional Tweet message. If responding by DM, you must include your email address. If you respond by "@reply" and you win, then you will be asked to "Follow" the Promoter's Twitter account (if you do not already) so that you can send a DM to the Promoter's Twitter account with your contact information. You may subsequently "Unfollow" the Promoter's Twitter account at any time.
4. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
5. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. For each promotion, the method of choosing the winner(s) and the prize(s) that they will win will be set out in the relevant promotion Tweet.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner(s) will be notified via '@reply' to their Twitter account within 2 hours of the Closing Date of the relevant promotion. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these promotion rules.
9. To obtain details of the winner(s) please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
10. The winners agree to write a review of the book for the penguin.co.uk.
11. These general terms and conditions are in addition to any specific promotion rules set out on the Twitter post in respect of the relevant promotion and by entering the promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any specific promotion rules. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these general terms and conditions from time to time, such changes to be effective 24 hours after they have been made.
12. No association or business relationship is claimed with Twitter, Inc.
13. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, Dorling Kindersley Limited, Rough Guides Limited, Ladybird Books Limited of 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL. Promoter's Twitter account is @PenguinUKBooks.