1. Ransom’s new book is set in Florida, America. It features many of the characters you loved in the original Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children trilogy, but don’t worry if you haven’t read those – this is the start of a brand new adventure for Jacob Portman and friends.
2. The book will feature an array of peculiar photographs, which will now include colour for the first time. Did you know that Ransom originally wrote Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by building a story around a collection of vintage photographs he’d found in flea markets? The images he found were of strange-looking children and he created a story that made sense of them.
3. In A Map of Days, we’ll learn more about Jacob’s grandfather, Abe, and his double-life as a peculiar operative.
4. Jacob will begin to learn about the dangerous legacy he’s inherited - truths that were part of him long before he walked into Miss Peregrine’s time loop.
5. A Map of Days will feature some new exciting peculiar characters. Peculiars are a group of people who possess unusual abilities – from invisibility to levitation to creating flames from their fingertips.
6. The book will be available in bookshops on the 2nd of October.