Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. By entering this competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions of this competition.
3. This competition is open to UK (excluding N.I) and ROI residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
4. Entries must be received by 26th September 2019 12:00pm BST. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries shall not be returned.
5. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. To enter fill in your details on the online form and complete the interview questions.
7. All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel, including an independent judge. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is the most humorous and imaginative. Selection will take place on 10th October 2019.
8. The prize for the winner is x1 signed copy of Schmidt Happens Trade Paperback and, subject to the winner’s consent, the winner’s name will be included in Ross O’Carroll Kelly’s next book.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via email or post by 24th October 2019. The winner must claim their prize within 20 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. Material from the winning entry, and any other entries, may be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes entirely at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
13. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of Promoter.
15. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.