PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) By entering this prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this prize draw.
2) This prize draw is open to anyone who is a resident of the UK (excluding residents of Northern Ireland), except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
3) Entries must be received by 8pm GMT on 30 December 2020 (closing date). Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason, will not be counted. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be counted. Entries shall not be returned.
4) Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5) To enter pre-order a copy of Power Hour by Adrienne Herbert Hardback edition, [ISBN 9781786332691] send proof of purchase (scan, photo or copy of email confirmation) to PowerHour@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk, and enter your details on the online form found at https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020/december/pre-order-competition-power-hour-adrienne-herbert.html. A proof of purchase is a pre-order receipt or invoice from any UK (excluding Northern Ireland) bookshop including independent retailers, Waterstones, Amazon, WHSmith and supermarkets. Please do not include any banking or card details with your proof of purchase.
6) All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 13th January 2021. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner.
7) The prize is a pair of LG Tone Free wireless earbuds. The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
8) Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice.
9) The winner will be notified by email within 20 days of the closing date (i.e. by 2nd February 2021.) The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10) Entrants’ personal details will be destroyed on completion of this promotion.
12) We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address PowerHour@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing PowerHour@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
13) Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, using multiple accounts to submit multiple entries, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of promoter.
14) The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
15) These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16) The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.