We’re counting down the days until Rukmini Iyer’s new book The Sweet Roasting Tin hits bookshop shelves. To celebrate its upcoming publication, we’re delighted to be inviting you to go behind the scenes at Roasting Tin HQ for an exclusive virtual baking session with Rukmini.
On Tuesday 14 September at 7pm BST Rukmini will be online showing you how to make the delicious cherry and almond cake taken from The Sweet Roasting Tin.
To be in with a chance of being part of this exclusive bakealong all you’ll need to do is pre-order or purchase your copy of The Sweet Roasting Tin and send your proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org To find out more and for full T&Cs see below.
You’ll be sent an ingredients list a week beforehand so you’ll have plenty of time to get your ingredients together. Then just pre-heat that oven, find your favourite tin and get ready to bake!
Terms and conditions
1. To take part in this promotion, entrants must pre-order or purchase a hardback UK edition of The Sweet Roasting Tin (Hardback ISBN 9781529110432) from a UK (excluding Northern Ireland) retailer by 23:59 BST on Sunday 5th September 2021.
2. This promotion is open to UK residents excluding residents of Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter and their group companies, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entry via proof of pre-order or purchase must be received by 23:59 BST on Sunday 5th September 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter send proof of pre-order or purchase of The Sweet Roasting from a UK retailer (scan, photo or copy of email confirmation) with your name and postal address to email@example.com – please do not submit any bank details with your proof of pre-order.
6. A prize draw will take place on Monday 6th September 2021. The first 100 completed valid entries drawn will receive an invitation to join Rukmini Iyer for a virtual baking session via Zoom webinar on Tuesday 14 September at 7pm BST. Winners will be responsible for supplying the ingredients and equipment required. An ingredients and equipment list will be sent by email in advance of the baking session.
7. The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. The promoters’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize will be confirmed with the winners by Tuesday 7th September 2021.
10. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
11. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading) 10 weeks after the closing date. If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
12. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
14. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.