To celebrate the publication of Birdgirl by Mya-Rose Craig, we’re offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of Lucy & Yak’s dungarees of their choice, to get their copy signed by the author, and to win a pair of tickets to one of her nationwide events this summer.
One of the most anticipated memoirs of 2022, Birdgirl is the perfect read for fans of H is for Hawk, Diary of a Young Naturalist, and any young or aspiring environmentalists.
Mya-Rose Craig, otherwise known as Birdgirl, is a birder, environmentalist, and diversity activist – aged just 14, she set up her charity Black2Nature to make access to the natural world in the UK more inclusive. To date, she has seen over five thousand different types of bird: half the world’s species.
Every single bird is a treasure. Each sighting a small step in her family journey – a collective moment of joy and stillness amidst her mother’s deepening mental health crisis. And each helping her to find her voice. She has seen first-hand the inequality and reckless destruction we are inflicting on our fragile planet. And the simple, mindful act of looking for birds has made her ever-more determined to campaign for all our survival.
To be in with a chance of winning, please fill in the form below and send proof of purchase of your copy of Birdgirl, from any retailer, to email@example.com. Competition closes on Wednesday 29 June 2022 at 23.59pm GMT. UK only.
FREE PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents (with the exception of residents in Northern Ireland) aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
2. Entries must be received by 29/06/2022 at 23.59 GMT. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
3. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
4. To enter, pre-order your copy of Birdgirl by Mya-Rose Craig (ISBN: 9781787333208) and email your proof of purchase (scan, photo or copy of email confirmation) to firstname.lastname@example.org. A proof of purchase is a pre-order receipt or invoice from any UK (excluding Northern Ireland) bookshop including independent retailers, Waterstones, Amazon, WHSmith and supermarkets. Please do not include any banking or card details with your proof of purchase.
5. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place within 1 week of the competition ending. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner.
6. The prize for the winner is a signed hardback copy, a pair of Lucy & Yak dungarees, chosen by the winner, a pair of tickets to one of Mya-Rose’s events (location to be chosen by the winner, subject to availability).
7. Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by 07/07/22. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
12. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.