Please note that this competition has now closed.
This summer, we are giving you the chance to win a year's supply of ice cream and a bundle of recent releases in association with Mackie's of Scotland ice cream.
Mackie's of Scotland is a 5th generation family business making chocolate and ice cream from "sky to scoop" on the family farm in Aberdeenshire, using fresh dairy ingredients from its own herd powered by its own renewable energy.
One lucky winner will receive a year's supply of Mackie's ice cream and a selection of exciting summer reads including:
- The Whalebone Theatre by Joanna Quinn – Sunday Times bestseller and a wonderfully escapist book club pick
- Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano – a tender family drama and Oprah Book Club pick
- The God of Good Looks by Breanne McIvor – a stunning debut romcom
- You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry – from the queen of romcoms, 'the hottest book of the summer – the pages simply sizzle!' (Josie Silver)
- Coming to Find You by Jane Corry – the emotional, gripping Sunday Times Top 10 bestselling new drama set on the South-West coast
- The Beach Party by Nikki Smith – 'Bound to be the hit thriller of the summer' (T.M.Logan)
- Dirty Laundry by Disha Bose – perfect for fans of Big Little Lies, a deliciously scandalous debut
- The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak – an unforgettable new novel about two-star crossed lovers in war-torn Cyprus, and shortlisted for the Women's Prize
Whether you spend summer at home or abroad, there's a book in this bundle to suit your mood and delicious ice cream to pair it with.
To enter, simply fill in the form below by 18:00 BST Thursday 3rd August 2023.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 3rd August 2023 6pm BST. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enterfill in your details on the online form (Mackie’s and Page Turners newsletter opt-in included)
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 10th August. The first entry drawn will be the winner
- The prize for the winner is x1 copy of The Whalebone Theatre paperback, x1 copy of The Island of Missing Trees paperback, x1 copy of You and Me on Vacation paperback, x1 copy of The Beach Party paperback, x1 copy of Coming to Find You paperback, x1 copy of The God of Good Looks hardback, x1 copy of Dirty Laundry hardback, x1 copy of Hello Beautiful hardback, and x26 1 ltr tub vouchers of Mackie’s ice cream
- Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.]
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 21st August 2023. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- https://www.mackies.co.uk/privacy-policy/). The promoter will remain the controller of any personal data it retains for the purpose of the competition and any newsletter opt-ins to its own newsletter.
- We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.