Calling all Christmas fans!
To celebrate the release of Tom Fletcher’s A Christmasaurus Carol we’re offering readers the ultimate festive prize!
In the latest story from the world of The Christmasaurus, William Trundle goes on a festive magical adventure with his very best friend The Christmasaurus to track down Ebenezer Scrooge who wants to CANCEL CHRISTMAS!
We’re offering readers the opportunity to write their own Christmas Carol and the winning entry will be printed in the paperback of A Christmasaurus Carol in 2024!
All you have to do is write a Christmasaurus-inspired carol and upload it using the form below – good luck!
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 9 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
- Entries must be received by 23.59 GMT 1st January 2024. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter input your Christmas Carol song in the web form supplied. Thenupload your entries and fill in your details via the online form found at www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2023/08/christmasaurus-carol-writing-competition
- All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of Penguin Random House employees, Tom Fletcher and an independent judge. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is the Carol inspired best by The Christmasaurus
- The prize for the winner is their winning Carol printed in the paperback edition of A Christmasaurus Carol, which will publish on a date to be confirmed in 2024.
- Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 23.59 on Monday 15th January 2024
- The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.