1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of Penguin Books and their families or agents.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST/GMT 23rd November 2021. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoters and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, entrants must create (draw, paint, sculpt) their own Jolly Christmas Postie and if entering via:
- Facebook: upload one photograph of their creation to the competition post comment section using ‘#JollyChristmasPostie’ or email their photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Jolly Christmas Postie’ in the subject line.
- Instagram: email one photograph of their creation to email@example.com with ‘Jolly Christmas Postie’ in the subject line.
- Twitter: upload one photograph of their creation to the competition post thread using ‘#JollyChristmasPostie’ or email their photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Jolly Christmas Postie’ in the subject line.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be considered and a shortlist of no more than 50 entries will be selected by the Promoter. The winner and runners-up will be chosen by 3rd December 2021. The winner and runners-up will be selected on their own artistic merit in creatively depicting a Jolly Christmas Postie. The winner will be announced on 13th December 2021 from the Puffin Books Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
7. The prize for one winner is one copy of the 30th Anniversary edition of The Jolly Christmas Postman by Allan and Janet Ahlberg, plus one copy of each of the following 9 titles by the same authors: The Jolly Pocket Postman, Funnybones, Burglar Bill, Peepo, Each Peach Pear Plum, It Was A Dark and Stormy Night, Mr Biff the Boxer, Funny Bones: The Pet Shop and Funny Bones: Dinosaur Dreams and a Jolly Christmas Postman celebration cake and set of cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery. The prize for 29 runners-up will be one copy of each of the 30th Anniversary edition of The Jolly Christmas Postman by Allan and Janet Ahlberg.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoters reserve the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via direct message on the social media platform their entry was submitted on. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoters sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoters reserve the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. The promoters may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoters’ sole opinions) or who, in Promoters’ sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoters.
12. We will make the winner's name and county available on request to the following email address Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com. Please note we are required to make the winner's details available to the ASA if requested.
13. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this prize draw is submitted to the Promoters and not to any social media platform and you agree that any social media platform is not liable to you in any way in respect of this prize draw.
14. The Promoters are Penguin Books Limited, One Embassy Gardens, 8 Viaduct Gardens, London, SW11 7BW, and Royal Mail Group Limited, 185 Farringdon Road, London, EC1A 1AA.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.