1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT 10th December 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, entrants must tag themselves in the comments section below the competition post on either Twitter, Instagram, Facebook (or any combination of these platforms) and follow the Puffin Books account in order for the winner and runner-up to be contacted.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on the 14th December 2021. The first entry drawn at random will be the winner plus five runners-up.
7. The prize for one winner is a Christmas Eve box for two people containing: 2 copies of The Miracle on Ebenezer Street by Cat Doyle, 2 sets of Christmas pyjamas, and 2 pairs of Christmas socks (both clothing items to be in a size of the winner’s choice), two mugs, 2 sets of hot chocolate stirrers and marshmallows, 2 snowglobes, 2 reindeer headbands, and 2 candy canes. The prize for five runners-up will be a copy of The Miracle on Ebenezer Street by Cat Doyle.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via direct message on the social media platform their entry was submitted on. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
12. We will make the winner's name and county available on request to the following email address Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com. Please note we are required to make the winner's details available to the ASA if requested.
13. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this prize draw is submitted to the Promoter and not to any social media platform and you agree that any social media platform is not liable to you in any way in respect of this prize draw.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, One Embassy Gardens, 8 Viaduct Gardens, London, SW11 7BW.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.