Even when we’re apart, stories can be a virtual hug.
Through the power of bedtime stories, Ladybird is helping to connect children with those family members who they can’t see right now: whether that’s an isolated grandparent, a much-missed cousin, a key worker big sibling, a parent who lives in a different home, or somebody else!
Every day, we’ll send a pair of matching books to a separated duo so they can still settle down for storytime together, over the phone or on a video call.
Want to nominate your child? Simply fill out the form below.
Ladybird: Little Big Moments
Competition Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to any resident of the UK and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, who is a parent/guardian to a child aged 12 or under, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- The competition is running on a ‘rolling’ basis with one winner being picked every weekday (Monday-Friday, excluding Bank Holidays) from Monday 27th April 2020 - Friday 12th June 2020 inclusive. The end date may be extended at a later date. Every entry received by 09:30 BST will be considered for the prize that day. Entries will continue to be considered every day after the competition begins, so entrants do not need to enter more than once. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, fill out the form at www.ladybird.co.uk/littlebigmoments.
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to two judges on different teams at Ladybird. The winners will be the entries whose answers to “What do you miss most about that person?” display, in the opinion of the judges:
i. The most heartfelt responses, or
ii. The most descriptive detail, or
iii. The most unusual or unique responses
- The prize for the winner is two copies of a Ladybird bedtime story – one to be sent to the winner’s address and the other to a second address of their choosing (each Entrant confirms that they have the express permission of the person receiving the other book to pass their address details to the Promoter). For each winner, Ladybird will select a book based on the child’s age.
- Other than as specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with the prize(s) and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email on the day they are selected, which could be any date between 27th April – 12th June 2020. The winner must claim their prize within 48 hours of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete (or to get their their parent/guardian to complete on their behalf) any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
- The Promoter may publicise each daily winner on their social media channels using the winning child’s first name only and the relative that the child has stated that they miss (relation to child only, no names will be used). The winner confirms that they agree to such use of their child’s name in such publicity, .
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.