Here are nine of the best quotes from Magnus Chase that really tell it how it is – well wouldn't you, if you'd just been killed and carried to a modernised interpretation of the Norse afterlife?
1. 'I hate this plan,' I said. 'Let’s do it.'
2. 'My name is Magnus Chase. I’m sixteen years old. This is the story of how my life went downhill after I got myself killed.'
3. 'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better.'
5. 'The thing about talking swords… it’s hard to tell when they’re kidding. They have no facial expressions. Or faces.'
6. 'Lesson learned: if you take a Valkyrie out for coffee, you’ll get stuck with the check and a dead body.'
7. 'Technically I’m already dead, which means the whole life-and-death thing doesn’t apply, but still…'
8. 'I should introduce my sword. His real name is Sumarbrander, the Sword of Summer, but Jack prefers Jack because reasons.'
9. 'The good old days really sucked, but they’d sucked in a less complicated way than the new crazy days.'