Because reading in a cosy cottage is book-lover’s dream, and because the Lake District has such a rich literary heritage, Penguin has partnered with Sally’s Cottages to bring you an exclusive prize.
Enter now for the chance to win a short break in North Mill for up to 4 people, and a selection of six books that are set in, or draw on the beauty of, the Lake District.
North Mill is situated on the banks of the River Cocker and offers glorious views of the picturesque 19th century stone bridge, and views of the northwestern fells from its own private paddock.
Hiking, biking, climbing and swimming opportunities are a short drive away – but of course you can always stay indoors and get lost in a book!
The prize includes six books: The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks, The Fairy Caravan by Beatrix Potter, Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome, I Never Knew That About The Lake District by Christopher Winn, Towards Mellbreak by Marie-Elsa Bragg, and Selected Poems by William Wordsworth.
Whether you can’t wait to curl up in an armchair with a book, fancy taking to the hills or frequenting a pub or a tearoom or two, the Lake District is a stunning place to spend your weekend. Enter below for the chance to win.
Terms and conditions apply. Competition ends at 11.59pm on 29th August 2017.
For your chance to win, simply enter your details below:
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the online prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted.
- Only one entry per person.
- The potential winner may be required to provide Promoter with proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the user name/account associated with the winning entry.
- The Promoter cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of entries due to technical problems or network difficulties.
- All correctly completed entries received by the closing date (29th August 2017) will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 4th September 2017.
- One winner will be drawn at random and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will have 14 days to confirm acceptance of their prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner.
- Once the winner has accepted, their contact details will be passed onto Sally’s Cottages so that they can organise their weekend stay directly with them. The dates of the stay are to be confirmed at this stage.
The short stay prize is valid for any short break taking place before the 3rd September 2018, subject to availability of the prize cottage.
- The winner will be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Sally’s Cottages before, during, and after the stay at North Mill.
- The prize for each winner is a three-night stay at North Mill, and six books, including: The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks, The Fairy Caravan by Beatrix Potter, Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome, I Never Knew That About The Lake District by Christopher Winn, Towards Mellbreak by Marie-Elsa Bragg, and Selected Poems by William Wordsworth.
- By taking part in the Promotion, the winner acknowledges that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the winners’ name and/or image, statements made by the winner concerning the Promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the Promotion.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.