Game On! is the incredible debut action-adventure graphic novel from one of YouTube’s most popular gamers, Ali-A! It will be out on October 19th.
Pre-order the book now from:
As an extra special treat, we’re giving you the chance to be featured in the book.
Your character’s role in the book will be TOP SECRET. All we’ll tell you is that you’ll be drawn in graphic novel form and you’ll be featured in the story. And really, isn’t that all you need to know?
About the book:
It’s launch time for the hotly anticipated video game Alien Liberator 2, and who better to invite along than top gamer Ali-A? Ali is promised the biggest game launch ever – but what he doesn’t count on is just how real the action is about to get!
When a merciless band of aliens turns up to spoil the party, it’s up to Ali to transform from gaming icon to real-life hero. Can he defeat the end-of-game boss and save the day? With a little help from his fans and a very special dog named Eevee, he’s going to give it his best shot!
This competition is now closed but we'll be announcing the winner soon!
Terms and conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and United States aged 9 and above, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those aged 13 or under must be accompanied by evidence of permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 5th March. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- To enter, tell us why you’re excited about Ali A’s graphic novel – either by using the hashtag #AliAPickMe on Twitter or by emailing us at email@example.com
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of the Puffin Editorial Team. The Puffin team will then shortlist three entries. Ali A will pick the final winner.
- The prize for the chosen winner will be for a drawing of them to be included in Ali A’s debut graphic novel Game On!. The winner will also receive a copy of the book.
- The winner will be required to send a photograph of themselves to the Puffin marketing team, in order for a drawing to be made. If the winner is under 13 years old, explicit written permission must be granted by a guardian in advance.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by Wednesday 8th March. If the winner’s entry is posted on Twitter, the PuffinBooks Twitter account will send the winner a tweet asking the winner to follow them, so a direct message can be sent to get the winner’s email address. The winner must claim their prize within 7 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete (or to get their their parent/guardian to complete on their behalf) any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter, Inc and you acknowledge that Twitter shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.