When Rachel Fullsmith returns home, to the farm where she grew up, she finds everything has changed. Her father has moved his new girlfriend into the house, political unrest rules the country and Michael, the Kikuyu boy she use to be so close to has now become a man. Both her father and the Mau Mau are ready to destroy the life she knows and loves. She can’t save everything, but does winning one thing make up for losing the other?
We’re celebrating the publication of Jennifer McVeigh’s next historical novel Leopard at the Door in a grand way!
Stay seven nights in one of Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa’s deluxe rooms, overlooking the resort’s beautiful gardens. This rustic and charming hotel has long been a favourite with Kuoni customers for its outstanding service and secluded beach setting.
The prize includes:
- Return flights from London Heathrow via Nairobi to Mombasa with Kenya Airways
- Private transfers to and from Mombasa Airport
- Seven nights in a deluxe room on half-board meal basis at Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa
*Excludes visa fees, and other personal costs*
Fill in your details and answer the question below before 31st August 2017 and this holiday could be all yours.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way (including but not limited to employees of Kuoni and travel agents), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 31st August 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- To enter, a person must submit his full name, email address and the correct answer to the question.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly submitted entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 15th September 2017. The first entry drawn at random using randomizing software will be the Winner.
- The Prize is a stay in a Deluxe Room at Pinewood Resort & Spa, for seven nights on half-board meal basis and is based on two people sharing, includes return economy flights from London with Kenya Airways, including taxes and return airport transfers in Mombasa which is subject to the following terms and conditions as set out by our partner Kuoni:
- Valid for two passengers
- Flights from London to Mombasa with Kenyan Airways
- Private transfers to & from Mombasa Airport
- Seven nights on half-board basis at Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa in a Deluxe Room
- Valid for travel from 01 November 2017 to 30 June 2018, excluding 12 December – 10 January, and subject to availability
- Excludes visa fees, and other personal costs
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- The Winner will be notified via email by 15th September 2017. The winner must confirm they can attend the workshop within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- 14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material including social media, email and in Kuoni Magazine.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Inc. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter the competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Inc and you agree that Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL in collaboration with Kuoni UK Ltd (company no 395623) whose registered office is at Kuoni House, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 4AZ.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.