All the Good Things tells the story of twenty-one-year-old Beth who’s spending time in prison. She’s encouraged to start writing a list of all the good things in her life.
Anyone can have a story to tell. Anyone can be a writer. So we’re giving away 10 spots on a creative writing workshop taught by debut author Clare Fisher!
‘The Creative Writing Workout’ will take place in London from 7pm on Thursday 3rd August. Clare will cover a broad range of tips and tricks that will help you improve your writing skills, and you’ll be able to ask her about her own experience of becoming a published author.
To win one of 10 available spots please submit 3 of your own ‘good things’. These could be experiences you enjoy, like smelling a baby’s head or friends you can be weird with.
Competition closes at 11:59 on 4th July. Terms and conditions apply.
This competition has now closed.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 4th July 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- To enter, a person must write down and submit three ‘good things’ from their own life. Rude language will not be permitted.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly submitted entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 9th July 2017. The first 10 entries drawn will be the winner.
- The Prize for each of the 10 Winners is a spot on the ‘Creative Working Workout’ taught by Clare Fisher on Thursday 3rd August 2017 in London at the Penguin Random House UK office. The workshop will be held in the evening and last for approximately 2 hours. The exact time and location will be confirmed to the winners. The Promoter will not be responsible for transport to and from the venue and will not be responsible for any accommodation required by the winners while in London – transport and accommodation will be the winner’s responsibility to organise.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email by 8th July 2017. The winner must confirm they can attend the workshop within 7 days of the Promoter sending notification. If their presence is unconfirmed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- Upon notification, the winner has to confirm his or her full name, date of birth and postal address in order to be able to attend the workshop.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Inc. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter the competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Inc and you agree that Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.