Think you have what it takes to survive 24 hours in the wilderness?
To celebrate the release of Bear Grylls’ new book How to Stay Alive, we’ve partnered with the Bear Grylls Survival Academy to give away 2 tickets to a 24 hour survival course, plus a copy of How to Stay Alive, the ultimate survival guide for any situation.
The prize includes two vouchers for a 24 hour course at the Bear Grylls Survival Academy, located either in the Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor or the South Downs. Both participants must be 18 or over.
Two runners up will receive a copy of his book.
This competition has closed.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by midnight on Wednesday, 13th December 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter simply fill in the entry form.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on Thursday 14th December. The first entry drawn at random will be the winner. The next two entries drawn will be runners-up.
- The prize for the winner is a copy of How to Stay Alive by Bear Grylls and two vouchers for a 24 hour course at the Bears Grylls Survival Academy (redeemable in the Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor or South Downs). Both course participants must be 18 or over.
- Two runners up will each receive a copy of How to Stay Alive by Bear Grylls.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email by Monday, 18th December 2017. The winners must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.