To celebrate the publication of Liza Tarbuck’s first ever book, I An Distracted By Everything, we’re offering one lucky entrant the chance to win an exclusive illustrated print created and signed by Liza Tarbuck, along with a signed copy of her new book.
I An Distracted By Everything is a paean to those everywhere who are distracted by everything. Like the annuals of Liza’s youth, this book is filled with puzzles, activities and mental musings. The book might be a perfect conversation starter at a dinner table, or the last thing you're flipping through before bed. Fans can even find themselves within the book, as Liza has included some of her favourite stories received on her radio show. So here we go. Liza is passing her distractions on to you, and we promise that you’ll laugh at least once.
To be in with a chance of winning a signed copy and print, enter with the form below.
Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes on 19 November.
This competition has now closed.
READING MY NEW BOOK IS JUST LIKE LISTENING TO ME ON THE RADIO . . .
WARNING: THIS IS A COLLECTION OF MY GENUINE DISTRACTIONS AND MAY PROMPT LAUGHTER.
I AN DISTRACTED BY:
Comments sent in by my listeners:
'Once I took some black puddings out of the freezer only to find a mole! I had found it in the garden and intended to send it to Chris Packham for Springwatch' Mrs D
'My mum said women of a certain age shouldn't wear beige jackets as from the back they look like a baked potato.' Lorna - Edinburgh
Travelling back in time:
I don't want to be a killjoy, but I remember a time before duvets were the norm, so I'm already apprehensive. And bearing in mind the lack of female toilets now, basic needs are going to be tricky.
Children, drunks and leggings NEVER lie
The Atom Bomb
The idea of 'the bomb' had me awake for years. I felt it might be up to me to get the cellar ready, but Mum was rather casual about the whole thing
I am genuinely distracted by everything, and I don't think I'm alone in this. I consider my love of distraction a thing to be cherished.
Like the annuals of my youth, this book is filled with puzzles, activities and mental musings. I hope that every page tickles your fancy. This book might be a perfect conversation starter at a dinner table, or the last thing you're flipping through before bed. I promise that you'll laugh at least once.
So here we go. I am passing my distractions on to you.
The fans who have already been distracted by Liza's new book . . .
'It's wonderful!' Harry Hill
'The perfect gift' Dawn French
'Utterly glorious' India Knight
'I do love Liza Tarbuck so' Miranda Hart
'National treasure' Sue Perkins
You might also like
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 19th November 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 21st November. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is one signed copy of I An Distracted By Everything by Liza Tarbuck, plus an exclusive illustrated print made and signed by Liza.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 26th November 2017. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.