We’re celebrating the publication of My Sister’s Bones with a chance to escape for a weekend!
Kate Rafter is a high-flying war reporter. She's the strong one. The one who escaped Herne Bay and her father. Her sister Sally didn't. Instead, she drinks.
But when their mother dies, Kate is forced to return to the old family home. And on her first night she is woken by a terrifying scream.
What secret is lurking in the house?
Is she strong enough to uncover the truth . . . and make it out alive?
You could win a weekend break for two at the lovely Another Place, The Lake, a beautiful hotel in the Lake District.
Your stay will be two nights with breakfast and includes a three course dinner at The Rampsbeck Restaurant.
Simply answer the question below before 25th October 2017 and this holiday could be all yours. Terms and conditions apply.
This competition has now closed.
You might also like
Terms and conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way (including but not limited to employees of Kuoni and travel agents), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 25th October 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. To enter, a person must submit his full name, email address and the correct answer to the question.
5. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. All correctly submitted entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 26th October 2017. The first entry drawn at random using randomizing software will be the Winner.
7. The Prize is a stay in a Standard Room at Another Place, The Lake hotel, for two nights with breakfast included and one evening at the Rampsbeck restaurant for a three course meal. The Prize is subject to the following terms and conditions as set out by our partner Watergate Bay and Another Place:
- Valid for two people
- Transport to and from the hotel not included
- Subject to availability and excluding school holidays
- Excludes other meals than those specified and any paid recreational activities in and around at the hotel
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
10. The Winner will be notified via email by 31st October 2017. The winner must confirm they can attend the workshop within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
12. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material including social media, and email.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Inc. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter the competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Inc and you agree that Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
16. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL in collaboration with Watergate Bay.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.