To celebrate 60 years since H. E. Bates The Darling Buds of May was first published, we’ve teamed up with Darling Buds Farm to offer a night’s stay for two at their fabulous bed and breakfast, surrounded by 35 acres to explore!
Darling Buds Farm is the scene of the internationally famous 90’s TV series The Darling Buds of May which introduced the world to the lovable roguish exploits of Pop and Ma Larkin and their family, played out in the idyllic Kentish countryside.
© Simon Coulson, Darling Buds Farm
One lucky winner will receive a night’s stay for two at the Darling Buds bed and breakfast, as well as the collection of H. E. Bates' five Larkin family titles, which has been given a beautiful new cover look by hugely popular British artist, Becky Bettesworth. The winner will also receive five A3 prints of the covers signed by Becky.
Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes at 11.59pm on 31st May 2018.
This competition has now closed.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 31st May 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 4th June. The first entry drawn will be the winner. The prize for the winner is one night’s bed and breakfast stay for two at AA 5* graded Darling Buds Farm. The stay must be taken during 2018 and is subject to availability. The winner will also receive the 5 newly reissued H.E. Bates Larkin family titles as well as 5 A3 prints signed by the artist, Becky Bettesworth.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 8th June 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.