Helen Russell’s new laugh out loud novel Gone Viking, finds heroine Alice Ray expecting a relaxing spa break but instead finding herself in the middle of nowhere, on a ‘How to be a Viking’ getaway.
To celebrate publication we are sending one lucky reader and a friend to the home of the Vikings, Denmark.
Unlike Alice, you’ll be pampered at one of Copenhagen’s beautiful spas with a 30 minute massage and a stay in a beautiful hotel.
But we do think you’ll need some Viking knowledge to take home with you so you’ll be able to discover Danish history with a visit to the Viking Ship Museum.
The winner will receive:
· Return flights for two people to Copenhagen, Denmark
· 72 hours unlimited travel City Pass
· 2 nights accommodation at a 4 star centrally located hotel
· Breakfast for two people in the hotel restaurant each morning
· In the Footsteps of the Vikings tour for two people. Includes:
· Entrance to Viking Ship Museum, LejreMuseum and Roskilde Cathedral
· Mead tasting
· 30 minute massage for two people
Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes at 11.59pm on 19th July 2018.
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 19th July 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 3rd August. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is one copy of Gone Viking by Helen Russell, return flights for two people to Copenhagen, 72 hours unlimited City Pass, 2 nights accommodation at 4 star centrally located hotel, breakfast for two people in the hotel, In the Footsteps of the Vikings tour for two people. Includes: Entrance to Viking Ship Museum, LejreMuseum and Roskilde Cathedral, Mead tasting, 30 minute massage for two people, travel insurance.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 10th August 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.