To celebrate the publication of Shinrin-Yoku: The Art and Science of Forest Bathing by Dr Qing Li, we have teamed up with Forest Holidays to offer one lucky winner a fabulous break in a luxury cabin, set in enchanting British woodland.
Shinrin-Yoku (which translates directly into forest bathing, though no water is required) is the Japanese practice of spending time in the forest for your health. Dr Qing Li has lead research into and discovered that forest bathing stimulates all five senses to activate benefits including increased energy, a stronger immune system, and a reduction in anxiety and depression. He even found that the essential oils produced by trees as part of their defense mechanism against insects will increase production of NK white blood cells, which kill cancer cells.
Forest-bathing will also improve the length and quality of your sleep by over 15% and improve your chance of avoiding colds and diseases by over 50%, making good health as easy as a weekend in the woods.
Accommodation will be for two nights in a fully equipped two bedroom Silver Birch cabin on a self-catering basis, sleeping up to four people. Each cabin comes with soaring windows with dramatic forest views and your own private hot tub. It’s the perfect setting for stargazing late into the night.
A Forest Holiday is whatever you want it to be. Escape to one of 10 idyllic locations with your choice of luxurious cabins set deep in woodlands, or on the edge of mighty lochs, or in bright forest meadows. Forest Holidays also offer guided Forest Bathing experiences at Blackwood Forest and Thorpe Forest. There is also something rather splendid about lying back in your hot tub, glass in hand, with the night forest around you. Spend unforgettable time with your loved one whilst enjoying a romantic break on the shores of a Scottish loch, cycling through a Yorkshire forest or stargazing from a hot tub on a luxury holiday for two in Cornwall.
Whether you want to slow down and hide away for a romantic weekend break, have fun together exploring the great outdoors, or enjoy some luxuries together, a Forest Holiday is the perfect break for couples of all ages, a holiday where special memories are made.
Five runners up will receive a copy of Shinrin-Yoku. You can also enter the code QING to receive a discount of 5% when booking any Forest Holidays holiday by 31 December 2018.
Terms and conditions apply. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 29th April 2018.
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 29th April 2018. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 30th April. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize must be booked by 30th July 2018 and taken by 31st October 2018 (excluding bank holidays and school holidays), and is subject to availability.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, promotions, or discounts.
- The winner is responsible for transport to and from their chosen location
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- By entering the competition you signify your agreement with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 30th April. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is two nights in a fully equipped two bedroom Silver Birch cabin on a self-catering basis, sleeping up to four people
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 2nd May. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.