In this extract from Craft, Gabriela Herstik explores how you can use what zodiac sign the Moon is in to help plot a cosmic blueprint of the day ahead…
The Moon rules over our emotional body, our unconscious mind and the Divine Feminine in each of us. She pulls at the ocean of our souls and whispers secrets into our hearts. By finding out which astrological sign the Moon is in (see Chapters 6 and 7 in Craft), you will have a cosmic blueprint of the energies of the day ahead, and can draw additional inspiration for whatever look you want to create based on what you feel. I use the app ‘TimePassages’ to keep track of the Moon signs, but there are plenty of other apps and online sources to help you keep track of her too. For example, as I’m writing this, the Moon is in the sign of Cancer. Cancer is ruled by the Moon, and its symbol is the crab. Cancers are emotional, sensitive and feel things very deeply. I’m also PMSing, so I’ve been feeling extra emotional as well. To combat this, I’ve decided to wear silver eyeshadow to channel the Moon, and my favourite long-sleeve black dress with my pentacle necklace as a way to protect myself from any extra emotions that aren’t mine. I also wear a lot of pink when the Moon is in a water sign (read: tender hearted and emo af).
We’re giving you a chance to win a copy of the book and an Urban Decay Moondust palette.
Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes July 2, 2018.
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 2nd July 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 3rd July. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is one copy of Craft by Gabriela Herstik and one Urban Decay Moondust palette.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 10th July 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.