To celebrate the upcoming film release of Love, Simon, we're giving away two cinema tickets and a fantastic bundle of books by author Becky Albertalli for, for you and friend, including a special film tie-in edition of the original book.
‘Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn't be this big awkward thing whether you're straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I'm just saying.’
Based on the much-loved novel Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda – Love, Simon is the ultimate coming of age story. Filled with humour, romance and a good helping of Oreos, it’s guaranteed to leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy.
Love Simon is out in cinemas on the 6th April, so if you’ve still not met Simon, it’s time to get reading!
This giveaway will end February 25th and is open to UK residents only. For more info see the terms and conditions below.
Ths competition has now closed.
More about the book
The beloved, award-winning novel is now a major motion picture starring 13 Reasons Why's Katherine Langford and Everything, Everything's Nick Robinson.
'Worthy of Fault in Our Stars-level obsession.' Entertainment Weekly
'I love you, SIMON. I LOVE YOU! And I love this fresh, funny, live-out-loud book." Jennifer Niven, bestselling author of All the Bright Places
Straight people should have to come out too. And the more awkward it is, the better.
Simon Spier is sixteen and trying to work out who he is - and what he's looking for.
But when one of his emails to the very distracting Blue falls into the wrong hands, things get all kinds of complicated.
Because, for Simon, falling for Blue is a big deal . . .
It's a holy freaking huge awesome deal.
Praise for Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda:
'I love you, Simon. I love you! And I love this fresh, funny, live-out-loud book.' Jennifer Niven, New York Times bestselling author of All the Bright Places
'A remarkable gift of a novel.' Andrew Smith, author of Grasshopper Jungle
'Both hilarious and heartbreaking . . . Readers will fall madly in love with Simon' Publishers Weekly (starred review)
'A brilliant beacon of optimism and cuteness for LGBTQA+ youth in a genre often bogged down with tragedy and heartbreak. Books like SIMON do change people's lives' Waterstones Darlington Bookseller
'A wonderfully charismatic story about coming-of-age and coming out'. Bookseller
'Funny, moving and emotionally wise' Kirkus Reviews (starred)
'It made me laugh, cry and all the fifty shades of emotions I can think of right now. There is literally no adjectives that would be suffice to describe how brilliant this book is' Goodreads (5 star review)
'I think I just felt my heart explode in my chest' Goodreads (5 star review)
'One of the most electric, authentic characters I've ever read. . . I LOVE this book. LOVE it. Five freaking stars.' Goodreads (5 Stars)
About the author:
Becky Albertalli is a clinical psychologist who has had the privilege of conducting therapy with dozens of smart, weird, irresistible teenagers. She also served for seven years as co-leader of a support group for gender-nonconforming children in Washington, DC. Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda is her first novel.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the online prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 14 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted.
- Only one entry per person.
- The potential winner may be required to provide Promoter with proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the user name/account associated with the winning entry.
- The Promoter cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of entries due to technical problems or network difficulties.
- All correctly completed entries received by the closing date (25th February 2018) will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 10th March 2018.
- One winner will be drawn at random and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will have 14 days to confirm acceptance of their prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner.
- The prize for each winner is a set of 2 of each of Becky Albertalli's books (Love Simon, The Upside of Unrequited, and the movie-tie in of Simon, which is called Love, Simon) and 2 vouchers for their local chain cinema, for the value of to cinema tickets to see Love, Simon.
- By taking part in the Promotion, the winner acknowledges that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the winners’ name and/or image, statements made by the winner concerning the Promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the Promotion.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.