Andy Weir’s out-of-this world new novel welcomes you to Artemis; the first city on the moon. Now a tourist destination complete with the Apollo 11 Visitor Centre.
Jazz Bashara is a criminal. She lives in a poor area of Artemis and subsidises her work as a porter with smuggling contraband onto the moon. But it’s not enough.
So when she’s offered the chance to make a lot of money she jumps at it. But though planning a crime in 1/6th gravity may be more fun, it’s a lot more dangerous…
Follow in Jazz’s footsteps and have the adventure of a lifetime a little closer to home: you and a friend could be headed to Iceland for a weekend star gazing.
Spend the night in a futuristic and fully transparent bubble in the middle of the tranquil Icelandic landscape - perfect for gazing up at the moon and stars. Team this with a visit to the Thingvellir National Park, Geysir hot springs and the Gullfoss waterfall - all reminiscent of the moon’s other-worldly landscapes. (It will be like experiencing living on the moon without leaving planet Earth!)
The winner will receive:
· Return flights for two people to Reykjavik, Iceland
· Return private transfers from the airport to the hotel
· Overnight accommodation at a 4 star centrally located hotel
· Breakfast for two people in the hotel restaurant
· Bubble Hotel experience for two people. Includes:
· Luxury Jeep transfers from your hotel in Reykjavik
· Thingvellir National Park
· Geysirhot springs
· GullfosswaterfallRelaxing & floating at the Secret Lagoon
· Overnight stay in a Bubble for two people
· Travel insurance
Terms and conditions apply. Competition closes at 11.59pm on 3rd September 2018.
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and the Random House Group Limited) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 3rd September 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 4th September. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is one signed copy of Artemis by Andy Weir, Return flights for two people to Reykjavik, Iceland, Return private transfers from the airport to the hotel, Overnight accommodation at a 4 star centrally located hotel, Breakfast for two people in the hotel restaurant, Bubble Hotel experience for two people. Includes: Luxury Jeep transfers from your hotel in Reykjavik, Thingvellir National Park, Geysir hot springs, Gullfoss waterfall, Relaxing & floating at the Secret Lagoon, Overnight stay in a Bubble for two people, Travel insurance
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 10th October 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.