Do you have something special you’d like to share with a loved one? This might be the perfect opportunity to mark a special anniversary, celebrate a birthday or maybe you would like to declare your everlasting love?
To celebrate the paperback publication of Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella we’re offering one lucky reader the chance to put their own personal message on a huge billboard in London’s West End.
You and your loved one will also WIN a weekend stay in a suite at the Town Hall hotel so you can visit your message in person.
Terms and conditions apply. The winner must be aged 18 or over and must be available to visit their billboard in central London on Saturday 25th August between 6pm - 10pm. The weekend hotel stay is for Sat 25th – Monday 27th August (Bank Holiday weekend) and the stay is non-transferrable.
Closing date for entries is 11:59pm on 26th July 2018.
For your chance to win simply enter your details below. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on Thursday 26th July 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter fill in the entry form found at www.penguin.co.uk/surpriseme .
- All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of Sophie Kinsella’s editor, marketer, copywriter and publicist. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is the most surprising message and which best fits with the themes of Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella.
- The prize for the winner is a weekend stay for 2x people in a suite at The Town Hall hotel, Bethnal Green, E2 9NF from Saturday 25th – Monday 27th August 2018; standard class train travel for 2x people from their local station to and from London; 2x London Underground (zone 1-3) travel cards valid for the August Bank holiday weekend; a paperback copy of Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella and their winning message to be shown on a billboard in Leicester Square, central London on a 20 second rotation between 6-10pm on Saturday 25th August 2018. No food, drink or other transfers or travel insurance is included. All travelling dates and times are subject to availability. In the event that you cannot make these dates, no alternative dates will be possible and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner. The winners are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas or other travel documentation.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by Monday 30th July 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 7 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.