Jacob Portman and the peculiars are back in Ransom Riggs' new book, A Map of Days. Expect peculiar photographs, brand new abilities and plenty of adventure with Jacob and his friends.
1. Ransom’s new book is set in Florida, America. It features many of the characters you loved in the original Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children trilogy, but don’t worry if you haven’t read those – this is the start of a brand new adventure for Jacob Portman and friends.
2. The book will feature an array of peculiar photographs, which will now include colour for the first time. Did you know that Ransom originally wrote Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by building a story around a collection of vintage photographs he’d found in flea markets? The images he found were of strange-looking children and he created a story that made sense of them.
3. In A Map of Days, we’ll learn more about Jacob’s grandfather, Abe, and his double-life as a peculiar operative.
4. Jacob will begin to learn about the dangerous legacy he’s inherited - truths that were part of him long before he walked into Miss Peregrine’s time loop.
5. A Map of Days will feature some new exciting peculiar characters. Peculiars are a group of people who possess unusual abilities – from invisibility to levitation to creating flames from their fingertips.
6. The book will be available in bookshops on the 2nd of October.
More about the author
A new set of stories from the world of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Now in paperback with a brand-new story: The Man who Bottled the Sun.
In this collection of fairy tales, Ransom Riggs invites you to uncover hidden legends of the peculiar world. A fork-tongued princess, a girl who talks to ghosts, and wealthy cannibals who dine on the discarded limbs of peculiars are just a few of the characters whose stories will have you hooked.
Featuring stunning illustrations from world-renowned artist Andrew Davidson, this compelling, rich and truly peculiar anthology is the perfect gift for fans - and for all lovers of great storytelling.
Watch the movie, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, directed by the visionary Tim Burton and starring Judi Dench, Eva Green and Samuel L Jackson.
Praise for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children:
'A tense, moving, and wondrously strange first novel. The photographs and text work together brilliantly to create an unforgettable story.' John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars