M laid down his pipe and stared at it tetchily. “We have no choice. We’re just going to bring forward this other chap you’ve been preparing. But you didn’t tell me his name.”
“It’s Bond, sir,” the Chief of Staff replied.
1. '007 is dead'. Towards the beginning of the novel British secret agent 007 is found floating in the waters of Marseilles, killed by an unknown hand. It’s time for a new agent to step up.
2. Forever and a Day is a prequel to Casino Royale, the first of Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels.
3. The novel follows Bond as he earns his licence to kill and explores the origin story of Fleming’s iconic character.
4. It’s classic Bond, featuring appearances from familiar faces such as M and Miss Moneypenny.
5. Anthony Horowitz is the only author to have woven his stories within the same timeline as Ian Fleming. His first 007 novel Trigger Mortis published in 2015, followed on from Bond’s run-in with Goldfinger.
6. The book also includes previously unpublished material by original James Bond author and creator Ian Fleming.
7. Forever and a Day will be published on 31 May 2018 – in the week of what would have been Fleming’s 110th birthday.
Pre-order your copy:
For more information on Ian Fleming's James Bond novels visit www.ianfleming.com
More about the author
A spy is dead. A legend is born. This is how it all began. The explosive prequel to Casino Royale, from bestselling author Anthony Horowitz.
M laid down his pipe and stared at it tetchily. 'We have no choice. We’re just going to bring forward this other chap you’ve been preparing. But you didn’t tell me his name.'
'It’s Bond, sir,' the Chief of Staff replied. 'James Bond.'
The sea keeps its secrets. But not this time.
One body. Three bullets. 007 floats in the waters of Marseille, killed by an unknown hand.
It’s time for a new agent to step up. Time for a new weapon in the war against organised crime.
It’s time for James Bond to earn his licence to kill.
This is the story of the birth of a legend, in the brutal underworld of the French Riviera.
You might like