Dig in and get creative with the world’s favourite jar!
Kilner’s classic clip top pressure sealed jars have been around since 1842, but have never been more popular than they are today. Households all over the world trust them to successfully preserve and pickle their fruit and vegetables, but did you know you can cook and store any kind of food or drink in them?
In the very first Kilner Cookbook, you will find 100 tasty recipes for:
- Classic and creative pickles, preserves, chutneys and jams.
- Speedy salad, soup and breakfast recipes, perfect for picnics or on-the-go.
- Tempting sweet treats and desserts for sharing and gifting.
- Refreshing cordials and tasty cocktails for all-year-round celebrations.
- Step-by-step instructions for making your first preserve, sterilising and sealing your jars.
Cook it, seal it, enjoy it!
The Kilner business was first established by John Kilner in 1842. Initially producing glass bottles and jars, it was towards the end of the 19th century when the original Kilner® Jar was first invented. The original jar is as much-loved and successful now as it was 175 years ago. Its long-lasting popularity is owed to its distinctive pressure seal and iconic design. Put simply, households all over the world trust it to successfully preserve and pickle their fruit and vegetables. In the 1900s, Kilner presented its innovation as 'the original and the best, all other brands are substitutes', a claim which remains relevant today, and is a testament to its impressive heritage.