Prepare Your Child for School answers the questions every parent asks when their child is about to leave their exclusive care and go out into the world of school:
- Is my child ready for this challenge?
- Will the teacher bring out the best in my child?
- What can I do to help my child cope with the stresses, demands and expectations of school life?
- Will other children play with my child?
- Does my child know enough?
- Can my child communicate well?
- Is my child ready to learn to read and write?
Aimed both at parents of pre-school children (3 to 6 years old) and at teachers and carers, this practical book, including numerous charts, checklists, questionnaires and structured activities for developing children's skills as well as promoting their emotional well-being, will act as a blueprint for action.
an easy read and practical guide
It's to do with sharing, listening, speaking, playing: just getting on with others. That's why the advice in this book is useful and necessary
excellent advice for parents of first time pupils
covers the full range of early skills that are necessary for a successful start to a child's school career
A calm and helpful book for parents keen to get their child ready to tackle the school experience