Sister Stan, as she is affectionately known, was brought up on a farm in Dingle, County Kerry, one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. It was there that she learnt to appreciate the earth, its stillness and its energy, its beauty and its bounty.
In this hugely powerful and evocative book, Sister Stan looks to the earth that is so precious to our existence for inspiration throughout the year. Reflecting the garden's changing rhythms through the seasons, Gardening the Soul offers us a daily thought to keep us going as we face the challenges of modern life.
All our moods are covered here...
* in January, when there is silence in the garden, she looks at Solitude in our soul...
* in March, with emergence in the garden, she offers Hope...
* in August, when there is fullness and abundance everywhere, there is Blessing, and
* in October, the time of harvest, there is Harmony
Comforting and insightful, Gardening the Soul is an inspirational daybook of lessons gleaned from the wisdom of nature.
- Transworld Ireland
- Published 23rd March 2017
- 400 Pages
- 127mm x 198mm x 24mm