* How can sprinter Usain Bolt break his world record without running any faster?
* Why do high-jumpers use the Fosbury Flop?
* What's the best strategy for taking penalties in football?
* What statistical advantage do left-handed boxers have over their right-handed opponents?
* And did you know that gymnasts can experience stronger g-forces than roller-coaster designers are allowed to create?
John D. Barrow shows how maths can give us surprising and enlivening insights into the world of sports - essential reading for competitors, armchair enthusiasts and maths-lovers alike.
This is a really interesting and original premise that will certainly make you think again about what you know about sport and perhaps make you watch it in an entirely new light