Along with the fine art of queuing and proper tea, talking about the weather is the essence of Britishness. We’re all a little bit obsessed by it. Will it snow this Christmas? Was this year really the warmest on record? And where on earth did ‘raining cats and dogs’ come from?
According to recent research, 94% of British people admit to having discussed the weather in the past six hours, while 38% say they have in the past 60 minutes. And Now, The Weather... is an almanac, a miscellany, and a celebration of our most famous obsession. Including beautiful illustrations, maps and line drawings, And Now, The Weather... is a perfect gift for the cloudspotter in your life.
- The Lore of Weather – myths, legends and old wives tales about the weather.
- Lost in Translation – Colloquial names for weather around the country, from Custard Winds to Mizzle.
- Extreme Weather – Bizarre events in the history of British Weather including red rain and a downpour of frogs and fish.
- Plus tables showing record breaking sunshine, wind speed, rainfall, heat etc.
- BBC Books
- Published 21st September 2017
- 224 Pages
- 135mm x 204mm x 24mm