Immerse yourself in the vibrant dishes and enchanting flavours of Spain with Claudia Roden's inimitable guide
'A real classic by a superb food writer. This will be on my shelf for many years' 5***** Reader Review
'The best Spanish cook book you will find . . . Very well written and easy to follow' 5***** Reader Review
After spending five years researching and writing about the food of Spain, Claudia Roden has produced this definitive, passionate and evocative guide to the food of Spain.
With fascinating insights into the different regions, histories and cultures at the heart of this country, The Food of Spain is a loving testament to that which binds it all together - the delicious food and recipes passed down through generations.
Alongside her guide to traditional Spanish cooking techniques and staple ingredients, you'll find delicious recipes including . . .
· TAPAS: Catalan Tomato Bread, Salt Cod Fritters and Ham Croquettes
· SOUPS: Cream of Pumpkin Soup and Potato, Cabbage and Bean Soup
· SAVOURY PASTRIES: Creamy Leek Tart and Tomato, Pepper and Tuna Empanadas
· VEGETABLE DISHES & SALADS: Orange Salad and Aubergines Fritters with Honey
· RICE & PASTA: Seafood Paella and Pasta with Peas, Chicken and Pork Chops
· MEAT DISHES: Salmon in a Brandy Sauce and Marinated Leg of Lamb
From simple, rustic tapas and delicately flavoured soups, to elaborate celebratory dishes served on silver platters and cakes and desserts each with a story to tell, this is the book about Spain to learn from and to cook from.