*For fans of Fearne Cotton's Calm and Matt Haig's Notes of a Nervous Planet*
At some point in our lives we will all struggle with our mental health. But how many of us know what to actually do when we're struggling? How do you spot the warning signs and what can you do to stop things from escalating?
From leading Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Sarah Vohra (aka The Mind Medic), comes The 5 Senses Plan - a practical guide to improving your mental wellbeing using your 5 senses to help you along the way.
The 5 Senses Plan offers expert advice and easy-to-follow exercises on how to optimise your senses, including:
· SIGHT: how to see beyond the negative and use CBT techniques to reframe thought patterns
· HEARING: exploring the role of a mentor and creating a space to listen and be listened to
· SMELL: how to introduce calming scents into your life and the science behind aromatherapy
· TOUCH: putting your worries in a worry box to help validate and contain your thoughts
· TASTE: how to eat for your mind and discovering mood-boosting micronutrients
Dr Vohra debunks the myths and conflicting advice surrounding mental health, setting out a 10-week plan to equip you with the knowledge and strategies for a happier, calmer mind. With The 5 Senses Plan, feel empowered with the knowledge to take control of your own mental health, the confidence to have honest conversations and the strength to seek support early.
Inspiring. I've learned some very valuable practises from Sarah's teachings including the "worry dump" which I find a daily help and is part of my toolkit and I've shared with my loved ones and they have got right behind it too
Dr Sarah is a light in a world which overlooks the importance of mental health, what she does is so important
Dr Sarah uses her medical expertise and years of experience to empower people with the knowledge and understanding they need to improve their own mental health
Dr Sarah is a leading voice in her field of psychiatry. She always promotes her message about self worth and acceptance in a practical and accessible manner