Stephen Hawking's Pocket Universe
Whether you’ve read the book or are new to it altogether, use this app to unlock and understand Stephen Hawking’s core thinking. It’s your personal, portable version of Stephen Hawking’s most important scientific theories.
A reworking of the original text will take you on a journey through Stephen Hawking’s three major contributions to Physics. Read through six topics, all fully illustrated, to understand everything from how the universe started to what would happen if you fell into a black hole – spoiler alert, it’s not pretty!
- Six topics to delve into, including The Big Bang, Black Holes and Understanding Space Time
- Discover Stephen Hawking’s most mind-blowing theories
- Understand the beginnings of our universe
- Beautifully designed and easy to navigate
- Easy to understand images to explain complex science
- Keep a personal record of your progress through the app
- Share your own lightbulb moments through social media
- Updates from Stephen Hawking on major scientific breakthroughs since he first wrote the book
Nigella Quick Collection
Nigella’s bestselling and award-winning Quick Collection is now Universal. Smart, searchable and designed to make the most of whatever is in your fridge, the app includes over 120 recipes, exclusive bonus rewards and a special recipe bundle available for purchase.
- *New* Universal build
- *New* Taster recipe from Nigella’s new book Simply Nigella, exclusively for her app fans on publication date
- Even more of Nigella’s classic, quick and delicious recipes
79p at launch
The Magic of Reality
A dazzling celebration of our planet that will inspire and amaze people of all ages. Takes the user on an enthralling journey through scientific reality, and showing that it has an awe-inspiring beauty and thrilling magic which far exceeds those of the ancient myths.
- Interactive demonstrations and games for the user to get hands on with the science
- Exclusive audio and video from Richard Dawkins
- Visual navigation and intuitive gesture controls
- Over 250 original illustrations from world-renowned artist Dave McKean
Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map
The first ever app set in the Discworld, from acclaimed bestselling author Terry Pratchett. There’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. At least, there’s a saying that there’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. And it’s wrong. All roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork, but sometimes people just walk along them the wrong way.
- A guided walking tour of famous landmarks in the fictional town
- Detailed animated app featuring a bespoke soundscape
- Fully searchable city directory and street index
- Including over 2,000 businesses, services and landmarks
- Connected to Game Center to unlock achievements
Explore the world’s most famous diary in this richly immersive experience for iPad. An intimate record of adolescence and heartbreak, courage and inspiration, this app offers stunning new ways to explore Anne’s world, what it looked, sounded and felt like living in hiding and what, in turn, was happening outside the Annexe walls.
- 21 video clips from Academy Award winning documentary-maker Jon Blair
- The full definitive text alongside exclusive audio extracts read by Helena Bonham Carter
- Dual timelines featuring historic wartime images from international archives alongside expert commentary
American Interior is an exploration of how wild fantasies interact with hard history and how myth-making can inspire humans to partake in crazy, vain pursuits of glory, including exploration, war and the creative arts. Containing one hundred separate entries, including pieces of artwork, animations, prose, film clips and original music, the app creates a unique, immersive version of the John Evans story.
- Features original words, audio, music and sound effects by Gruff Rhys
- Read and listen in English or Welsh
- Share favourite messages via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest
For pocket-sized Penguins