Keep your secret messages, private lists and treasure maps hidden from PIRATES by making your very own invisible ink! All you need is some basic ingredients and the secret power of lemon juice
You will need:
• Small paintbrush, cotton swab or toothpick
• Lemon juice
• Lamp with removeable shade
How to do it:
1. Write your secret message or draw your treasure map using lemon juice as ink
2. Just dip a paintbrush, cotton swap or toothpick into the juice to apply it to the paper
3. Let the lemon juice dry completely. As it dries it will become less visible. If your message is not as invisible as you would like try again with less lemon juice or experiment with different paper. You could also write a shopping list or your homework around the dry lemon juice to distract readers from the message underneath!
4. Remove the lampshade from the light bulb and turn on the bulb
5. Warning! Be very careful and always ask an adult for help with this bit. Hold the paper close to the bulb, it should become hot but not burn. As it heats up it will reveal your hidden message.
The first book by brilliant new comic author, Will Mabbitt, shortlisted for the Branford Boase award 2016.
When Mabel Jones unknowingly commits 'The Deed' she finds herself swiftly bundled into a sack and carried off to the pirate ship the Feroshus Maggot.
Crewed by the strangest bunch of pirates you would ever want to meet and captained by the dreaded Idryss Ebeneezer Split (a wolf with a false leg carved from a human thighbone, a rusty cutlass sheathed in his belt and a loaded pistol tucked in his pants with no fear of the consequences), the Feroshus Maggot whisks Mabel Jones off on the adventure of a lifetime.