Make Christmas Eve magical by handcrafting a box of personalised treats to enjoy together on Christmas Eve. This favourite holiday tradition is a great way to get everyone excited for the big day.
Some ideas for your Christmas Eve box:
• Begin with a crate, or a box from around the home (an old shoebox is the perfect size)
• Some spare wrapping paper
• A Christmas movie
• A Christmas story
• Some treats to enjoy together with your movie: try hot chocolate, marshmallows, some popcorn, chocolate coins or candy canes
• Some pyjamas
• A pair of slippers
• A soft toy
• A Santa letter
• A carrot and a mince pie for Santa
• A big dollop of Christmas cheer!
How to make it:
1. Take your crate or box and pop some wrapping paper inside to make it feel extra festive. Fill it with your chosen treats and goodies in time for Christmas Eve. We’ve suggested some ideas above for you to fill your box, but you can personalise it as you wish!
2. Open your box together on Christmas Eve. Now's the perfect time to settle down and enjoy a Christmas movie - we recommend a classic such as The Snowman. Add some fun treats like hot chocolate and marshmallows and snuggle up under a blanket, to make the experience really magical.
3. Before bedtime, write that all-important letter to Santa. You can use our downloadable template if you really want to impress the big guy. Make sure you leave a mince pie for him (and don’t forget that carrot for Rudolph!), before sending it on its way up the chimney.
5. If you don’t have a book handy, why not read the first chapter of The Christmasaurus together, a story about a magical adventure set on Christmas Eve. There’s friendship and families, sleigh bells and Santa, singing elves and even flying reindeer! Now those little dreamers are ready to visit the Land of Nod...