To celebrate Cathy Cassidy’s new book, Love from Lexie, we want you to write to your future self.
Lexie enjoys writing letters – to everyone from her lost mother to the ‘men in suits’ trying to close down her local library.
To celebrate Lexie and her love for letting writing, we’re giving you the chance to win a signed copy of Love from Lexie and a beautiful stationery set!
All you have to do is write a letter to the future you. What do you hope you’re doing in the future – are you a world leader, a teacher, a pop star? Write about your dreams and what you hope you’ve achieved. You could also give the future you advice and tell yourself what you’re excited about.
Simply download the template below and then upload your postcard. Or you can send in a physical copy to Cathy Cassidy Competition, Puffin Marketing, Penguin Random House, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL
Or you can send in a physical copy to Cathy Cassidy Competition, Puffin Marketing, Penguin Random House, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL
Here’s an example:
Dear Future Me,
I’m just writing to the future me! Hope you’re a popstar, just like I always wanted, and that you’re touring the world singing the best pop songs?
I also hope you’re still best friends with Mandy and Lou. Don’t ever forget about the shopping trips and the secrets we’ve shared.
Right now, I love reading, shopping and spending time with my friends and family. Do you still like reading – is your favourite book still Broken Heart Club?
When was the last time you visited Mum and took Simba for a walk? If you haven’t seen her for two weeks, then my advice would be to go round with some Custard Creams!
Love from Me x
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK and the Republic of Ireland aged 9 and above, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those aged 13 or under must be accompanied by evidence of permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
- If you’re under 13 years of age, please include your parent/guardian’s email address in the form field
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 1st September 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- To enter, entrants must download the postcard template, write a letter to their future selves and upload using the form on po.st/LovefromMe or send their physical entry to Cathy Cassidy Competition, Puffin Marketing, Penguin Random House, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to a Puffin editorial panel, who will select three entries. Cathy Cassidy will then pick the final winner.
- The winning entry will receive a signed copy of Love from Lexie, and a stationary set
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.