M laid down his pipe and stared at it tetchily. “We have no choice. We’re just going to bring forward this other chap you’ve been preparing. But you didn’t tell me his name.”
“It’s Bond, sir,” the Chief of Staff replied.
1. '007 is dead'. Towards the beginning of the novel British secret agent 007 is found floating in the waters of Marseilles, killed by an unknown hand. It’s time for a new agent to step up.
2. Forever and a Day is a prequel to Casino Royale, the first of Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels.
3. The novel follows Bond as he earns his licence to kill and explores the origin story of Fleming’s iconic character.
4. It’s classic Bond, featuring appearances from familiar faces such as M and Miss Moneypenny.
5. Anthony Horowitz is the only author to have woven his stories within the same timeline as Ian Fleming. His first 007 novel Trigger Mortis published in 2015, followed on from Bond’s run-in with Goldfinger.
6. The book also includes previously unpublished material by original James Bond author and creator Ian Fleming.
7. Forever and a Day will be published on 31 May 2018 – in the week of what would have been Fleming’s 110th birthday.