This year marks the launch of a flurry of new authors hitting the bookshelves for the first time - and we're offering the chance to win nine of their books, some before they've even been released.
Ranging from historical fiction to poignant reflections on contemporary life, these nine novels span time-zones and eras, bringing you unforgettable characters and plot-lines that will have you gripped.
The books include Pandora by Susan Stokes-Chapman, Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus, Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson, Wahala by Nikki May, When We Were Birds by Ayanna Lloyd Banwo, Meredith, Alone by Claire Alexander, A Fatal Crossing by Tom Hindle, Theatre of Marvels by Lianne Dillsworth and Yinka, Where is Your Huzband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn.
Fancy a chance at winning the most covetable to-be-read pile in town? Head over to our Instagram account, follow, like and tag a fellow bookworm in the comments beneath the post. Alternatively, retweet our competition post. Best of luck!
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 on Sunday 13th February 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of retweeting is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter simply retweet the relevant tweet from @PenguinUKBooks Twitter account, or comment on the relevant post on @PenguinUKBooks Instagram account. Only your first retweet will be eligible, and any additional content provided will not be judged.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 14th February. One winner will be selected at random from both Twitter and Instagram.
7. The prize will be a bundle of nine books; Pandora by Susan Stokes-Chapman, Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus, Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson, Wahala by Nikki May, When We Were Birds by Ayanna Lloyd Banwo, Meredith, Alone by Claire Alexander, A Fatal Crossing by Tom Hindle, Theatre of Marvels by Lianne Dillsworth and Yinka, Where is Your Huzband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via Twitter or Instagram by 18th February. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter the competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Twitter / Instagram and you agree that Twitter / Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
12. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
13. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
14. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.