To celebrate the hardback publication of Katie Fforde's new novel, Island in the Sun, we have partnered with Alexander House to give you the chance to win a champagne afternoon tea for two.
You will win a champagne afternoon tea for two alongside travel expenses to and from the venue.
To enter, simply fill the form below by 23:59 on 12th March 2024.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering this prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 12 March 2024 (closing date). Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason, will not be counted. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be counted.
- To enter please enter the order number or barcode of the receipt of your purchase of ISLAND IN THE SUN by Katie Fforde in the form above. The order number or barcode can be found on the receipt or invoice from any UK book shop including independent retailers, Waterstones, Amazon, WHSmith and supermarkets. Please do not include any banking or card details.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter fill in your details on the online form found at https://news.penguin.co.uk/k/Penguin-Group/comp_island_in_the_sun_pre_order_proof_of_purchase_feb_2024
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 13 March 2024. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner.
- The Prize is Champagne afternoon tea for two people at Alexander House
- Valid on all days of the week excluding Valentines week, Mothering Sunday weekend, Easter and bank holiday weekends.Prize is valid until 30th October 2024
- Travel to and from the hotel up to £300
- The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice.
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date (i.e. by 27 March 2024). The winner(s) must claim their prize within 30 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook/Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook/Instagram and you agree that Facebook/Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
- We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, using multiple accounts to submit multiple entries, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of promoter
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.