You will need:
• An egg
• Acrylic or poster paints
• A paintbrush
• Some card or thick paper
• Some glue
How to make:
1. Place your egg in a pan of water, and boil until hard, for around about ten minutes. Remove from the water and leave to cool, until cold to touch. (note: little ones should always do this with the help of a grown-up!)
2. Using different mixes of green, paint your egg in bright, caterpillar-like stripes. Once it’s dry, add some red for the face, and then leave to dry again
3. Using some yellow paint, add the features to your caterpillar’s face
4. Cut out some long, caterpillar-like antennae from your card or thick paper, and then paint them purple and leave to dry
5. Using glue, gently add the antenna to the top of the caterpillar’s head. Careful now, you wouldn’t want him to break!
Now your Very Hungry Caterpillar Easter egg is complete. Why not take him egg rolling, and see if you can spot some beautiful butterflies!