6. And although love and admiration are good, too much can be harmful.
‘“You can’t ever be really free if you admire somebody too much, I know.”’
Snufkin – Tales From Moominvalley
7. Embrace the simple things in life.
‘There's nothing as lovely as being comfortable and nothing is so simple.’
Tove Jansson – Moominvalley in November
8. Don’t ever feel guilty about doing nothing.
‘Now I'm full of ferocity, she thought. I could do anything, but instead, I'll do nothing. Isn't it marvellous to do just what one feels like?’
Mymble – Moominvalley in November
9. It’s hard but having patience is important.
‘“It takes a long time sometimes," she said, "It can take a terrible long time before things sort themselves out.”’
Moominmamma – Moominpappa at Sea
10. Be respectful but do stand your ground.
‘“I have every respect for your deductions, but you are wrong, completely and absolutely, and without any doubt.”’
The Muskrat – Finn Family Moomintroll