You will need:
· Plastic bottle
· Plastic materials such as bags, bubble wrap, cellophane
· Clear string
How to make your jellyfish mobile:
1. First, lay your plastic bag flat on your work surface. Paint some rainbow stripes along the length of the bag in different colours, and then leave them to dry.
2. Next, ask an adult to carefully cut the bottom off the plastic bottle – this will be the body of the jellyfish. Put the rest of the bottle in your recycling bin. Paint some dots all over the surface of the body, using the different colours as before. Allow this to dry.
3. Cut the dried painted plastic bag into thin strips, along with the bubble wrap and cellophane if using. These will be the jellyfish’s tentacles.
4. Now take a length of clear string – again, let an adult help you – and tie a bunch of the 'tentacles' together.
5. Ask an adult to make a hole in the top of the plastic bottle body. Then thread the clear string through, pulling the 'tentacles' up into the body. Tie a knot at the top, and your jellyfish is ready to hang!
Big thanks to Suzie Attaway for putting together this crafting activity! For more fun crafts and styling, check out Suzie's Instagram @craftpropstylist