1. "Where are we?" she asked.
"We is in Dream Country,” the BFG said. “This is where all dreams is beginning."
2. “Meanings is not important,” said the BFG.
“I cannot be right all the time. Quite often I is left instead of right.”
3. “Titchy little snapperwhippers like you should not be higgling around with an old sage and onions who is hundreds of years more than you.”
4. “Well, first of all," said the BFG, "human beans is not really believing in giants, is they? Human beans is not thinking we exist.”
5. "Tibbs," the queen said, showing true regal hospitality, "fetch the gentleman another dozen fried eggs and a dozen sausages"
6. “A whizzpopper!” cried the BFG, beaming at her.
“Us giants is making whizzpoppers all the time! Whizzpopping is a sign of happiness. It is music in our ears! You surely is not telling me that a little whizzpopping is forbidden among human beans?”
7. “Dreams is full of mystery and magic... Do not try to understand them.”
8. “What I mean and what I say is two different things," the BFG announced rather grandly.”
9. “The witching hour, somebody had once whispered to her, was a special moment in the middle of the night when every child and every grown-up was in a deep deep sleep, and all the dark things came out from hiding and had the world to themselves.”
10. “Dreams,” he said, “Is very mysterious things. They is floating around in the air like little wispy-misty bubbles. And all the time they is searching for sleeping people.”