Can you write an out-of-this-world song?
To celebrate the recent release of Tom Fletcher’s new book, Space Band, we’re giving you the chance to show off your musical talents and win a signed copy of the book, along with some intergalactically awesome band merch!
All you have to do is write some catchy new song lyrics, using the following three words: SPACE, MOON and ROCKET.
Send us your entry using the form below! (You'll need a grown-up’s permission). Your song can be any length, but we'd recommend a maximum of 50 words.
Entries close on December 5th
This competition is now closed.
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to UK residents, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on December 5th 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, please submit your Space Band song lyrics via the website form by the competition closing date. Submitted song lyrics must include all of the following words: ‘space’, ‘moon’ and ‘rocket’.
6. All correctly completed and valid entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to a judging panel which will include an independent judge. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is the most original, creative and humorous featuring lots of rhyming,
7. The prize for 1 x winner: a signed copy of Space Band by Tom Fletcher and a selection of official Space Band album merch.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The judges decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prize is non-tranferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
11. The winner will be notified via email by December 12th 2022. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
12. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
14. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
15. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and you agree that Facebook, Instagram nor Twitter shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
16. The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
17. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
18. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.