1. To enter please complete this application form.
2. By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions). All entry instructions form part of the Terms and Conditions of this competition.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. This competition is open to any state secondary school, alternative education setting or sixth form college in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Please note that Fee-paying/private schools are not eligible, and schools already taking part in the Lit in Colour Pioneers programme with Pearson are not eligible.
5. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on Friday 30th July 2021 (Closing Date). Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the Closing Date for any reason, will not be considered. Promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Proof of postage is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
6. Only one entry per school. No school may win more than one prize.
7. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the Closing Date will be assessed and judged by a judging panel by 10th August 2021. Five hundred (500) schools will be selected (“Winning Schools”) based first on need as described by the school in the application form, and secondly will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
8. The prize shall be one hundred (100) books made up of a range of titles by Black, Asian and minority ethnic authors published by Penguin Random House UK, plus thirty (30) copies of Empireland by Sathnam Sanghera (“Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
9. Events may occur which render the awarding of the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Promoter and Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend with or without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. Winning Schools will be notified via email by 31st August 2021. Winning Schools must claim their Prize within thirty (30) days of the Promoter sending notification. If the Prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. To obtain details of the Winning Schoosl please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the Closing Date.
12. Prizes will be delivered to the Winning Schools by no later than 30th November 2021, with at least two (02) weeks’ notice given to the Winning Schools to expect delivery.
14. Winning Schools agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their school names and photographs in such publicity.
15. Promoter may disqualify any school whose entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other Entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, the Prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, using multiple accounts to submit multiple entries, cheating or by harassing or threatening other Entrants, the panel or a representative of Promoter.
16. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition and the results.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.