Thank you for your interest in Penguin Random House UK. If you would like to use or reproduce material from one of our books, you will need to request permission.
Please follow the steps set out below and apply by completing our request form.
As we receive a very large number of requests each day, please allow up to ten weeks to receive a response.
Subject to us holding the necessary rights, we are able to grant permission for material to be reproduced from books published by Penguin Books Ltd and The Random House Group Ltd.
- Before applying for permission, please make sure your request is for material published by one of these companies. See a list of all divisions and imprints owned by each company
- You can check who publishes the material you want to use by looking at the copyright page inside the book
- We cannot grant permission for material published in the USA by Penguin Random House LLC. Please submit your request here: https://permissions.penguinrandomhouse.com/
- If you would like to reproduce or translate the entire text of a work, or enquire about serial, audio or film rights, please contact the applicable Rights team
- Please refer requests to reproduce material from The Snowman, The Snowman And The Snowdog, Ladybird books, Spot, Peter Rabbit and Flower Fairies to our Penguin Ventures team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the request form
We can deal with permission requests for the following:
- Photocopying (if over 10% of the work)
- Prop usage
- Non-dramatic straight reading of all or part of a work
- Cover and image reproduction
- Dramatisation (please note your request may be forwarded to our Rights department)
If you are visually or reading impaired and you require files of a book for accessibility purposes, please visit our Accessibility page for further information.
To ensure that your request is processed as quickly as possible, please make sure you complete all required fields in the form. Where appropriate a fee will be charged.
Please note that in some cases, permission may be delayed if the author or author’s estate and/or their agent require approval over individual requests.
When completed, please email your form to the appropriate team below.